I have heard from a few of my friends that they are unsure about using this product because they want to know if Meladerm cream is safe to use. Currently, there is not any power that the FDA holds to be able to put a law into action that would protect customers from unsafe cosmetics. Because of this, asking this question is a common occurrence.
Below you will find some information about Meladerm manufacturers and the company and how they are actually taking what their consumers tell them and making awesome products that are tested and safe for human use. If you want to know more about the Safe Cosmetics Act (this is a law that should pass!), check this website.
The Big List
The truth is that there is a group created by the EWG or Environmental Working group that has named themselves Skin Deep. What they do is categorize beauty products and place them on a scale from zero to ten to find out which products are safe to use and which are dangerous.
From their research, they have come up with over one hundred ingredients that you should not have any any of the personal care products around your house because they are not safe! Below I will take you through the five big dangerous ones that you should avoid. Make sure to check each beauty cosmetic product you buy to see if this is in the bottle the next time to stop by your local store.
The Top 5
Here we are folks, this is the five biggest ingredients that you should stay away from!
- Popylene Glycol – If you are looking at a bottle, this will typically be labeled as PG. It can cause many breathing problems and has even been linked to diseases such as conjunctivitis.
- Parabens – There are a few types of Parabens but the number one that you want to avoid is called methylparaben. These are considered a toxin to the environment, linked to breast cancer as well as having an upsetting effect on the endocrine glands. Nasty Stuff
- Mineral Oil Derivatives – Stay away from mineral oil and its derivatives such as petrolatum and paraffin. These are created from petrol and you wold never want to put that on your skin so it is a safe bet to say that any cream that has this in it, is probably not safe. These simple ingredients are toxic and do not degrade in the environment. These have been linked to cancer in different animals as well as dermatitis.
- Padimate (Know as PABA Ester) – this causes rashes on the skin and has been shown to mimic estrogen which has also been linked to causes an increase in risk for cancer.
- Methylbenzene – If you look around, you can often find this labeled as toluene. It will cause irritation to the lungs and is considered a carcinogen. The worst part is that it will not come out of your body with ease and likes to get in your fat tissues so beware.
Organic and Natural – Is This Your Best Bet?
Well, I have some bad news for you. Many people think that the safest solution will be to get some natural and organic skin products but since there is such poor legislation by the government, there are really no ways to ensure that is what you are getting. Have you ever noticed how everything is labeled organic now days? This is just a marketing ploy to get you to buy that product most of the time. Even if a cream has a single plant ingredient, they can say that it is organic and that it is safe to use.
Companies will do this on purpose because they know exactly how to increase their sales. They do not really care at all about the health of their consumers and will not spend the money to make their products safe for use. The bottom line is what they care about so beware when you see these types of advertisements.
Four Year Meladerm Research
Do you want some excellent news now? Good, me too! The people who made the Meladerm cream (Meladerm skin bleaching cream review 2017 can be found here) decided to actually spend the money to get a safe product and hired scientists and cosmeticians to get a safe product. Just check out this list of what it has!
- No Parabens
- No Mineral Oils
- No Hydroquinone
- No Bad things!
This product does contain Kojic acid that will irritate the skin of those individuals that have very sensitive skin so I always recommend you start slowly and do not put too much on!
But Wait One Minute!
It did not stop there because when the company checked out the packaging for their product that saw that normally air was put inside the container so that the cream came out. This meant that the cream was not as pure as it could be so something needed to be changed.
They came up with an idea to have the Meladerm cream put in a vacuum so it would work without any air entering the vial. Most companies are afraid to do this because it costs more and they do not want to lose the money but not this company!
They picked the right choice and their customers are loving it. to conclude to the question is Meladerm safe to use, the answer is YES!
P.S. Exposed Skin Care is another product which we are recommend for skin care.